Our mission is to define the standards, certify obstetricians and gynecologists, and facilitate continuous learning to advance knowledge, practice, and professionalism in women's health.
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) is a non-profit organization that board certifies obstetricians and gynecologists (OB GYNs) and offers continuing certification to OB GYNs in the United States and Canada. Board certification is a voluntary process for those physicians who choose to pursue certification.
ABOG also administers board certification in five subspecialties:
- Complex Family Planning
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
ABOG also offers Focused Practice Designations in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
Special Initiatives: In 2017, ABOG launched a new initiative called Focus 20/20 - Practice Analysis in order to ensure continued exam relevance to daily practice and adherence to quality standards. Learn more.
ABOG is proud to have the GuideStar Seal of Transparency and to be a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence. Click on each seal to learn more.
- Kay Nelson, Exam Publisher, Retires After 30 Years at ABOG Read More
- Thank You to Our 2022 Specialty Examiners Read More
- Remembering Alvin 'Bud' Brekken, MD Read More
- George D. Wendel, Jr., MD, to Retire as ABOG Executive Director in Late 2023 Read More
- Statement Regarding Misinformation and Disinformation and Medical Professionalism Read More
- ABOG Appoints New Board Officers and Members, Division Chair, and Members of Subspecialty Divisions Read More
- ABOG Reiterates Support for OB GYNs and Reproductive Health Rights Read More
- ABOG Welcomes New Assistant Executive Director of Assessment, Barbara Hoffman, MD Read More
- ALL NEWS
Officers and Executives
Board of Directors
ABOG works with affiliate organizations in order to achieve its mission and offer the best certification programs possible for Candidates and Diplomates.
Click here for List of Affiliate Organizations