FPMRS Case List
Preparation of Case Lists
- Submit the case list and completed Case List Affidavit Form(s) electronically by the published deadline.
- Use the electronic forms that can be found on your ABOG Personal Page. The use of any other form or format is not allowed. A paper case list is not acceptable.
- For the 2021 Certifying Exam, collect cases between January 1 and December 31, 2020. If enough cases cannot be collected in a one-year period of time, the collection of cases can be extended to 18 months or two years. However, it may not include cases collected during fellowship.
- Not include any case previously used on a prior case list for a Specialty or Subspecialty Certifying Examination.
- Have the case list certified by the appropriate personnel of the institution(s) in which the care was given.
- De-identify the case list in accordance with the requirements of Section 164.514(a)(b) and (b)(2)(i)&(ii) of the Final Privacy Rule. For guidance, go to: Case List De-Identification.
- Use standard English language nomenclature. Common abbreviations are acceptable. For guidance, go to: Acceptable Abbreviations.
- Patients may only be listed once within the case list. If the patient is admitted more than once, you should provide information regarding the additional admissions in the appropriate boxes.
If you are in group practice where responsibility for patients is shared, the decision whether to list a particular patient should be based on which physician had primary responsibility for the inpatient care. However, when asked to perform a consult on an inpatient on another physician's service, that patient may be listed.
The case lists must include sufficient numbers, as well as sufficient breadth and depth of clinical difficulty to demonstrate that you are practicing the full spectrum of FPMRS.
All submitted case lists are subject to audit by the ABOG to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Candidates who are unable to meet the case list requirements as outlines in the bulletin due to the COVID-19 pandemic should contact the ABOG Exam Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content for Case Lists
Three types of cases must be submitted: (1) prolapse and reconstructive surgical cases, (2) urinary and fecal incontinence surgical cases, and (3) office practice cases. No patient may be listed more than once, and no patient may be included on more than one case list. Specifically, patients who are evaluated in the office and subsequently have surgery should only be listed on the surgical case list. Patients that are admitted multiple times or have multiple surgeries may only be listed once, but all complications and surgeries should be listed.
The surgical case lists must include ALL FPMRS surgical patients from ALL sites for which the candidate had primary responsibility during the case collection period.
- Each case list MUST include a minimum of 25 FPMRS surgical cases.
- No patient can be listed more than once on the surgical case lists.
- Do not list any procedures that occurred in the office.
The list must include a minimum of 25 prolapse and reconstructive surgical cases.
- Surgical Treatment of Prolapse - Apical Suspension - Vaginal
- Surgical Treatment of Prolapse - Apical Suspension - Laparoscopic/Robotic
- Surgical Treatment of Prolapse - Obliterative Procedures
- Surgical Treatment of Prolapse - Other Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Surgical Reconstructive Surgery
- Other FPMRS Procedures - Any prolapse and reconstructive surgical procedure not listed elsewhere
The list must include a minimum of 25 urinary and fecal incontinence cases. Surgeries for urinary or bowel fistulas should be listed under "Other FPMRS Procedures" on the Urinary and Fecal Incontinence case list.
- Surgical Treatment of Urinary Incontinence - Sling
- Surgical Treatment of Urinary Incontinence - Other Urinary Incontinence
- Surgical Treatment of Fecal Incontinence
- Other FPMRS Procedures - Sacral Nerve Stimulator
- Other FPMRS Procedures - Intravesical Injections (botulinum toxin)
- Other FPMRS Procedures - Any urinary and fecal incontinence procedure not listed elsewhere
You must submit 40 patients - no more, no fewer - who received non-surgical, office management. A patient may be listed only once. Do NOT include any patients who are on the surgical case list. At least one, but no more than 10 patients, must be listed in each of the following five categories:
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Symptoms: Urgency, Frequency, Nocturia, Voiding Dysfunction, Urinary Retention, Sensory Disorders
- Urinary Tract Disorders, Fistulae, Diverticula, Infections, Hematuria
- Pelvic Floor Disorders: Defection Disorders, Fecal Incontinence, Anorectal Disorders, Rectovaginal Fistulae, Sexual Dysfunction, Vaginal Pain