Our mission is to define specialty standards, certify obstetricians and gynecologists, and facilitate continuous learning to advance knowledge, practice, and professionalism in women's health.
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) is a non-profit organization that board certifies obstetricians and gynecologists (OB GYNS) and offers continuing certification to OB GYNS in the United States and Canada. Board certification is a voluntary process for those physicians who choose to pursue certification.
ABOG also administers board certification in four subspecialties:
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
ABOG also offers a Focused Practice Designation in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
Special Initiatives: In 2017, ABOG launched a new initiative called Focus 20/20 - Practice Analysis in order to ensure continued exam relevance to daily practice and adherence to quality standards. Learn more.
ABOG is proud to have the GuideStar Seal of Transparency. Click on the seal to learn more.
News & Important Dates
- ABOG Appoints New Board of Directors Members, Division Chair, and Members of Subspecialty Divisions Read More
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Statement on Continuing Board Certification: Vision for the Future Commission Recommendations Read more
- New Lactation Rooms Added to the ABOG Educational Foundation Test Center Read more
- ALL NEWS
ABOG works with affiliate organizations in order to achieve its mission and offer the best certification programs possible for Candidates and Diplomates.
Click here for List of Affiliate Organizations