Residency Training Affidavit FAQs
One of the requirements for sitting for the Specialty Qualifying Exam is a signed Residency Training Affidavit. The affidavit is signed by the Program Director, attesting to the resident's satisfactory competence and completion of the program.
The Residency Program Coordinator can download the affidavit from the Residency Program Home Page under "Residency Tracking" 31 days prior to the resident's completion date.
The affidavit must be completed by the current Program Director as indicated on the form and returned to the Board office. Test results, which are released in September of the year of the exam, will not be released to a candidate unless the completed affidavit is received.
If there is a resident in your program who has either transferred or withdrawn from the program, you will need to update their residency dates, program year completed, and status. Once you have updated this information, please print the Residency Training Affidavit Form and have it signed by the Program Director. The completed form should be emailed for the Board office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to the Residency Coordinator System with the Program Coordinator ID. If you do not have the password, please contact email@example.com.
- Click on the Residency Tracking.
- Click on each senior resident's ABOG ID number to verify and/or edit the dates of residency training, program year, and status. Click on "Save Changes" if necessary.
- Click on "Cancel/Return to Residency Tracking" and then click on the Residency Training Affidavit link below the resident's name. The Residency Training Affidavit link will only be visible if residency completion date is within 31 days.
- Print and have the form completed by the Program Director. The signed affidavit can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 214.871.1641.