REI Case Lists
Preparation of the Case Lists
- Submit the case list electronically by the published deadline.
- Use the electronic forms that can be found in the ABOG Portal. The use of any other form or format is not allowed. A paper case list is not acceptable.
- For the 2021 Certifying Exam, collect cases between January 1 and December 31, 2020. If enough cases cannot be collected in a 1-year period of time, the collection of cases can be extended to 18 months or 2 years. However, it may not include cases collected during fellowship.
- Not include any case previously used on a prior case list for a Specialty or Subspecialty Certifying Examination.
- Have the case list certified by the appropriate personnel of the institution(s) in which the care was given.
- De-identify the case list in accordance with the requirements of Section 164.514(a)(b) and (b)(2)(i)&(ii) of the Final Privacy Rule. See this tab titled: Case List De-identification.
- Use standard English language nomenclature. Common abbreviations are acceptable. See this tab titled: Acceptable Abbreviations.
- List the patient only once. If the patient is admitted more than once, you should provide information regarding the additional admissions in the appropriate boxes.
If you are in group practice where responsibility for patients is shared, the decision whether to list a particular patient should be based on which physician had primary responsibility for the inpatient care. However, when asked to perform a consult on an inpatient on another physician's service, that patient may be listed.
The case lists must include sufficient numbers as well as sufficient breadth and depth of clinical difficulty to demonstrate that you are practicing the full spectrum of REI.
All submitted case lists are subject to audit by the ABOG to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Candidates who are unable to meet the case list requirements outlined in the bulletin due to the COVID-19 pandemic should contact the ABOG Exam Department at email@example.com.
Content for Case Lists
The case list must be submitted online and must include 25 reproductive endocrinology patients (no more no fewer) from your office practice who presented with any of the following. Do not list more than three patients from any category. (List patients with PCOS under hirsutism and hyperandrogenism.)
- Genetic counseling
- Primary and secondary amenorrhea
- Hirsutism and hyperandrogenism
- Perimenopausal and menopausal care/premature ovarian failure
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pediatric endocrinology including disorders of sexual differentiation
- Abnormalities of pubertal development
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal disease
- Hypothalamic and pituitary disorders
- Endocrinology of pregnancy
- Fertility preservation
A list of 25 reproductive uncomplicated surgical patients (no more no fewer) from your surgical practice must be submitted online. Individual patients who presented with any of the following problems should be listed. At least five of the categories below must be included. List all reproductive surgery complications separately in addition to the 25 uncomplicated cases. These should be listed under the complications category.
- Operative laparoscopy
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Uterine myomas
- Asherman syndrome
- Tubal reversal/tuboplasty
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Operative management of pelvic pain
- Congenital abnormalities of the reproductive tract
- Adnexal problems excluding ectopic pregnancy
A list of 25 uncomplicated infertility/IVF patients (no more no fewer) from the candidates office practice must be submitted online. Individual patients who presented with any of the following problems should be listed. List all complications from IVF/infertility treatment separately and in addition to the 25 uncomplicated cases. These should be listed under the complications category.
- Female infertility
- Male infertility
- Recurrent pregnancy loss