The 2020 Certifying Exams will be administered in November 2020, December 2020, and January 2021. There will be two separate weeks of examinations in January 2021.
- Apply at abog.org beginning February 24, 2020, to take the Certifying Exam.
- Pay by credit card at the time of application.
- No other form of payment can be accepted.
- All fees are quoted and payable in U.S. dollars.
- The application fee cannot be refunded or credited against a future exam.
- Complete the Hospital Privileges Verification Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to the ABOG office (214-871-1943) on or before April 3, 2020. This form is available on your ABOG homepage.
- If you're a fellow, this form can be completed by your fellowship director.
- Late fees will apply for applications received after April 3, 2020. Review the full list of deadlines and fees.
- May 22, 2020, is the last day for receipt of an application to take the 2020 Certifying Exam. Applications received after this date can't be accepted.
- All inquiries, applications, and correspondence have to be in English.
- You'll be notified by ABOG no later than July 13, 2020, to submit a properly formatted case list electronically and to pay the exam fee.
- The case list must be submitted by August 13, 2020, to avoid a late fee.
- Case lists received between August 4, 2020, and August 17, 2020, will be assessed a late fee.
- Case lists won't be accepted after August 17, 2020.
At the time of application and on the day of the Certifying Examination, you must sign the following terms of agreement. If you refuse to sign the agreement, you'll not be allowed to take the Certifying Exam.
- I understand and irrevocably agree that, if I am certified as a Diplomate of ABOG, ABOG is authorized to provide my name and business address for publication in the following: Obstetrics & Gynecology, The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and other ABMS and AMA certification publications. In addition, my name and business address will be forwarded to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- I agree that the ABOG is authorized to make my name and business address available on request to the public, including, but not limited to, hospitals, insurers, government agencies, and laypersons.
- I understand and irrevocably agree that the results of my examination may be made available to my Program Director(s) and/or the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- I agree that de-identified results of my examination may be used for research purposes by ABOG.
- I understand that all ABOG test materials, including, but not limited to, the structured case histories and images utilized during the Certifying Examination, are copyrighted, and it is illegal to disclose the content of the examination in whole or in part to any individual, organization, or business. Furthermore, I understand that if I provide the information to such entities I may be prosecuted under the U.S. copyright laws.
- I understand that if I divulge the content of the Certifying Examination in whole or in part to any individual, organization, or business, my test result, if any, will be negated, and I will not be allowed to re-apply for the examination for a minimum of three years. Furthermore, if I had been awarded Diplomate status, such status will also be withdrawn.
- I understand that I may not record any portion of the Certifying Examination by any means in whole or in part, and a violation will be treated as outlined in numbers 5 and 6 above.
- I understand that I may not memorize or attempt to memorize any portion of the Certifying Examination for the purpose of transmitting such material to any individual, organization, or business.
- I attest that since the date of my application for the ABOG Certifying Examination, I have had no limitation or suspension of hospital privileges for cause, substance abuse offenses, revocation, or restriction placed on my license to practice medicine in any state or country. I attest that since October 1, 2019, I have held unrestricted privileges in at least one hospital.
At the time of the Certifying Examination, you also will be required to sign a statement that there has been no change in your hospital privileges since the date of application.