- Apply at abog.org beginning February 24, 2021, to take the Certifying Exam.
- Pay by credit card at the time of application.
- No other form of payment can be accepted.
- All fees are quoted and payable in U.S. dollars.
- The application fee cannot be refunded or credited against a future exam.
- Complete the Hospital Privileges Verification Form, which will be available on the candidate's portal after the application is submitted. Applications will not be reviewed until the completed Hospital Privileges Verification Form(s) is uploaded to the candidate's ABOG portal.
- If you're a fellow, this form can be completed by your fellowship director.
- Review the full list of deadlines and fees.
- May 21, 2021, is the last day to submit the 2021 Specialty Certifying Exam application, pay the application fees (+ late fees), and upload the completed Verification of Hospital Privileges Form(s).
- All inquiries, applications, and correspondence have to be in English.
- Candidates will be notified by ABOG no later than July 13, 2021, to submit a properly formatted case list electronically and to pay the exam fee.
- August 16, 2021, is the last day to submit case list, affidavit(s), and pay Examination fees (+ late fees).
At the time of application and on the day of the Certifying Examination, you must sign the following terms of agreement. If you refuse to sign the agreement, you'll not be allowed to take the Certifying Exam.
1. I agree and understand that all of the test materials used in ABOG examinations are copyrighted intellectual property of ABOG and will, at all times, remain confidential.
2. I agree and understand that I may not provide any information before, during, or after the examination concerning the content of the examination including, but not limited to, test items and cases, to anyone, for any reason, including, but not limited to, (i) anyone who is scheduled to take the examination or may be eligible to take the examination, (ii) any formal or informal test preparation group, service, or company, or (iii) any person representing a company or other entity that provides courses, practice tests or other study material for the examination.
3. I agree and understand that I may not reproduce, transmit, publish, disclose, and/or distribute any examination materials by any means, including memorization, recording, internet, or other methods that would allow any other individual, company, or organization to recreate, in whole or in part, any test questions or material.
4. I agree and understand that during any ABOG examination, I will not have in my possession any notes, papers, study materials, formulas, pens, pencils, cellular telephones, photographic equipment, recording devices, or other similar contraband. I will not have any type of electronic device that could provide information that could be used to answer questions on the examination. I further agree that if I am discovered to have any such device in my possession during the examination, the test will be halted immediately, and I will not receive a grade for the examination.
5. I agree and understand that if anyone observes any action of mine that may be interpreted as violating or potentially violating test administration rules, the test will be halted immediately, and I will receive no grade for the examination.
6. I agree and understand that if I violate any part of this agreement, (i) my test results will be canceled, (ii) I may be subject to further sanctions and/or legal action, and (iii) I will not be allowed to re-apply for the examination for a minimum of three years.
7. I agree and understand that if ABOG discovers I have violated any terms or conditions of this agreement after I have been awarded Diplomate status, such status will be revoked.
8. I agree and understand that, if requested by ABOG, I will fully participate in the investigation of any suspected violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement by any candidate.
9. I attest that since the date of my application and to the day of my examination, I have had no (i) limitation or suspension of hospital privileges, (ii) substance abuse offenses, or (iii) suspension, revocation or restriction placed on my license to practice medicine in any state or country.
10. I agree and understand ABOG is authorized to make my name and business address available on request to the public including, but not limited to, hospitals, insurers, agencies of government, specialty societies, laypersons, my Program Director(s), and/or the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
11. I agree and understand that de-identified results of my examination may be used for research purposes by ABOG or other parties requesting the same.
12. I agree and understand that my results may be released to my Program Director(s) by name.
13. I agree and understand that, if I am certified as a Diplomate, ABOG is authorized to provide my professional personal identifiable information to other entities for a proper purpose. Some of these professional medical organizations include Obstetrics & Gynecology, The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), American Medical Association (AMA), American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS), Society for Gynecologic Oncology (SGO), Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), and the Society for Family Planning (SFP).
14. I agree and understand that I may not appeal the results of the examination based on the format of the examination, the sufficiency or accuracy of the answers to examination questions, the scoring of the examination, or the cut score used to determine the passing grade for the examination.
15. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold ABOG harmless against any losses, liabilities, damages, claims, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising out of any claims or suits, whatever their nature and however arising, in whole or in part, which may be brought or made against ABOG in connection with: (i) any claims which are caused, directly or indirectly by any negligent act, omission, illegal or willful misconduct by me; (ii) my misuse of a certification; or (iii) my use or misuse of ABOG’s proprietary and/or confidential information.
16. Under no circumstances will ABOG be liable for any consequential, special, incidental, exemplary, or indirect damages arising from or relating to this agreement, even if ABOG has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
17. The failure to enforce or the waiver by ABOG of a default or breach of this agreement shall not be considered a waiver of any subsequent default or breach.
18. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas. The exclusive jurisdiction of any suit arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with this agreement shall be in the state or federal courts, as applicable, located in Dallas, Texas.
19. Provisions that survive termination or expiration of this agreement include those pertaining to limitation of liability, indemnification, nondisclosure, and others that by their nature are intended to survive.
At the time of the Certifying Examination, you also will be required to sign a statement that there has been no change in your hospital privileges since the date of application.