COVID-19 Accommodations for Exams in 2021 and 2022 Cycles
2021 Specialty CE
- Application Fee: Candidate can request a refund if request is based on inability to take exam due to COVID-19. Or, candidate can choose to roll this fee into 2022 exam year.
- Application Deadline: Application deadline is extended to June 21, 2021 (instead of May 21). Late fee deadlines are extended out by one month (1st late fee applies 5/4 instead of 4/2; 2nd applies 6/4 instead of 5/4).
- Case List and Exam Fee Deadlines: Deadlines are extended to August 31, 2021 (instead of August 16) and late fee deadline is extended to August 16, 2021 (instead of August 2).
- Case List Required Minima have been reduced as indicated below:
|Case List Section||Current||Reduced|
- Case List Requirements: Candidates are allowed to use senior residency cases for all sections to meet requirements (rather than collecting cases for 18 months or use cases from senior residency for only obstetrics or gynecology sections if unable to meet minima).
2022 Subspecialty CE
- Application fee: Candidate can request a refund if request is based on inability to take exam due to COVID-19. Or, candidate can choose to roll this fee into 2022 exam year.
- Application deadline: Application deadline is extended to July 31, 2021 (rather than June 30). Late fee deadlines are extended out by one month (1st late fee applies 7/7 instead of 6/4; 2nd applies 7/20 instead of 6/18).
2021 Specialty and Subspecialty QEs
- Applications and processes already completed for the 2021 QEs. No changes.
- NOTE regarding FLS Certification: Requirement to complete by Qualifying Exam date is lifted. Completion and submission of documentation (FLS certificate) required to be eligible to submit application for Certifying Examination.
- Completion of Research/Thesis: Fellows can finalize research and theses after completion of training, provided Program Director (PD) contacts ABOG to request the extension. The PD must include how long they are requesting the research be extended and a new estimated completion date for review by the Credentials Subcommittee. Typically, research and theses to be presented during the Certifying Examinations are required to be completed by the end of fellowship training.