MOC COVID-19 Updates
Posted May 29, 2020
MOC'S MAY ARTICLES ARE INCENTIVIZED FOR QUICKER COMPLETION
To help ease some of the stress that diplomates are experiencing during the COVID-19 pandemic, ABOG is implementing the following measures:
- All but one of the May release articles have been designated as incentivized so that diplomates have fewer articles to read.
- Each incentivized article has 8 questions to complete (instead of the usual 4). So, diplomates will read half the number of articles to complete the requirement.
- Example: If you have read 10 articles and answered 40 questions already, you will only have 10 incentivized articles left to read for the year and 80 questions to complete. Normally you would have to read 20 articles to answer 80 questions.
- Eight COVID-19 articles have been added to the article list: six in the Emerging Topics category and two in the MFM category.
- There will not be an August article release as subspecialists will be able to complete their article requirements using the incentivized process.
Posted March 27, 2020
Credit Given for Part 4 Improvement in Medical Practice and COVID-19 Articles Incentivized
COVID-19 is taking its toll on the world, on our country, and certainly on our entire health system. We want you to know that we care about you, and we are here to support you in whatever way that we can.
That’s why we are implementing the following measures as part of this year’s MOC program. Our goal is to ease some of the pressures currently around you as you help respond to this global pandemic.
- ABOG will grant Improvement in Medical Practice (IMP or Part IV) credit to all diplomates who participate in MOC this year in recognition for the COVID-19 practice improvement you’re already doing during the pandemic. If you’ve already completed the 2020 MOC Part IV requirement, ABOG will apply the IMP credit to meeting your 2021 MOC requirement. You do not need to do anything to implement this measure and receive credit.
- ABOG will help you focus on learning to help you be up to date on emerging knowledge and provide better care during the COVID-19 response. We will incentivize COVID-19 learning and assessment by giving double credit for all MOC COVID-19 articles you read this year. This means you will have fewer articles to complete for the year. There is one COVID-19 article available now, and we will add more to the Emerging Topics category over the coming weeks. This incentive applies to both OB GYN specialists and subspecialists.
As always, you and your patients are the focus of our mission. As such, ABOG will explore additional options to support you and try to provide relevant COVID-19 activities to help you during this time.
Additionally, the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) issued a statement on March 26, 2020 regarding Continuing Certification, reaffirming support for physicians to focus their priorities on patients, families, and the communities they serve during the COVID-19 crisis.
We are available to answer your questions or to provide any assistance you may need via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (214.871.1619). If you haven’t yet applied for MOC this year, you can log in as you’re able to apply and then participate (e.g., read and complete articles).
It’s challenging to find the words to express our gratitude for the extraordinary care you are providing women across America, so we’ll say it simply and humbly: thank you.