Annually, ABOG delivers about 150 article options to your ABOG portal. These articles are released in three 50-article batches, usually during the months of January, May, and August (though some articles may appear at other times during the year).
Each of the three reading assignment releases will contain approximately 18 articles:
- Five in Obstetrics
- Five in Gynecology
- Five in Office Practice
- Three in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Additional articles may be included (for example, articles on statistics, or emerging topics in women’s health, or articles provided in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
In addition, each of the three reading assignment releases will contain approximately seven articles in each of the subspecialty categories:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Each article is accompanied by four questions:
- Three questions will assess core takeaways, recommendations, or conclusions from the article.
- One question will cover detail-specific information.
- Some questions may assess the application of the conclusions of the article to patient care.
Because you're responsible for securing copies of the articles, ABOG strives to provide access to as many free (open access) articles as possible, and all specialist Diplomates should be able to complete Part II assignments with free articles.
However, ABOG doesn't own the content, and it’s up to the discretion of the content owners or publishers to determine whether they offer their articles for free or charge for access. Diplomates interested in accessing fee-based articles to complete continuing certification assignments are encouraged to contact their institutional or medical libraries to possibly gain access to these articles without paying fees.