Annually, ABOG delivers about 90 article options to your ABOG portal. These articles are released in three batches, usually during the months of January, May, and August (though some articles may appear at other times during the year).
Each of the three article releases will include articles from the following categories:
- Office Practice
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Additional articles may be included (for example, articles on statistics, or emerging topics in women’s health, or articles provided in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
In addition, each of the three article releases will contain approximately four articles in each of the subspecialty categories:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Complex Family Planning
Each article has eight corresponding questions that assess :
- core takeaways, recommendations, or conclusions from the article
- detail-specific information
- application of the conclusions of the article to patient care
Because you're responsible for securing copies of the articles, ABOG strives to provide access to as many free (open access) articles as possible, and all specialist Diplomates should be able to complete Part II article-based assessments with free articles.
However, ABOG doesn't own the content, and it’s up to the discretion of the content owners or publishers to determine whether they offer their articles for free or charge for access. Diplomates interested in accessing fee-based articles to complete continuing certification assignments are encouraged to contact their institutional or medical libraries to possibly gain access to these articles without paying fees.