Patient Safety Articles
In 2018, the Patient Safety and Communication course (previously required in MOC Year 3) has been replaced with articles in a new Patient Safety category. To offer important safety information throughout lifelong learning, diplomates (specialists and subspecialists) will read two Patient Safety articles and answer questions each year to satisfy the Patient Safety requirement. For this year, there will be one Patient Safety article counting as a “double credit” article. See Article Assignments for details.
Article Selection Limits to Meet MOC Requirements
- 30 articles must be selected and four questions answered per article to complete MOC. You're limited to accessing the questions to the first 30 articles selected.
- You can read any additional MOC articles at your convenience; however, you can only access questions for 30 articles.
- Once you've submitted answers to each of the four questions for 30 articles, you'll be unable to access additional questions unless additional CME credits are purchased.
Answer Submission Limits and Performance Feedback
- You'll receive immediate feedback after answers are submitted to article questions.
- After viewing any incorrect answers, you'll have one additional opportunity to correct and submit answers.
- Only the initial answers submitted will contribute to the Performance Pathway eligibility score of 86%. The second (and final) submitted answers will be used to calculate the MOC percentage (80% correct is required to meet the MOC requirement).
- For enhanced security, user-authentication questions may appear randomly when submitting assessment question answers. Be prepared to answer questions based on personal biodata, such as year of birth or home ZIP code.
- If an authentication question appears, you'll need to answer it correctly before you can submit answers for that article.
- Failure to answer a user-authentication question correctly will prevent you from submitting questions for that specific article.